A few weeks ago, my sisters and I took our Mom on a birthday trip to Waco, Texas, to visit Magnolia Market. We had a great time, and I’m happy to pass along a few tips for your future visit, because you need to go! Waco is the perfect destination for a girls’ trip, but we saw plenty of happy families there too.
Here’s some tips to maximize your enjoyment of the Waco/Magnolia experience:
1. Stay within walking distance of Magnolia Market if at all possible.
We stayed in a clean, well-equipped unit in an apartment complex that was a six-minute walk to Magnolia. We used Airbnb and loved each having our own bedroom and bathroom, as well as a kitchen and a living area to gather in. It was also so nice to not worry about parking and to be able to come and go as we pleased. It made for such a nice experience!
2. Get up early to eat Breakfast at Magnolia Table.
Magnolia Table is the restaurant that Chip and Joanna opened in March, 2018. THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS AND YOU NEED TO GO EAT THERE. But a few tips:
- Get there early. It opens at 6:00 am for breakfast. We got there at 6:15 and were surprised to see a huge line! We ended up waiting for about an hour before we were seated.
- It is only open for breakfast and lunch, and it’s not open on Sunday. The restaurant closes at 3:00 each day.
- No reservations taken (or needed), so it’s first come, first served. We stood in line to give our name and phone number (they text you when it’s time to be seated), and as we were standing there, one of the employees said that the day before, they had filled up their table seating for the day by 10:45 a.m. If you are like we were and are only in Waco for a day or two, I suggest going early for breakfast and then you have the rest of the day to enjoy Magnolia Market and Waco in general.
- Magnolia Table is not at the same location as Magnolia Market. I’m not sure why, but I assumed they were all together, but they’re not. Magnolia Table was probably a ten minute drive from the place where we stayed, so it’s not far, but it’s not on the grounds either.
- Send one of your party to go grab some coffee at the outside walk-up window while you wait in line to give your name at the host station. Once they’ve taken your info, enjoy browsing their Take Away + Market. We also picked up some to go items for our lunch later that day, so ended up killing two birds with one stone. Score!
Happily, her birthday coincided with Magnolia’s Spring at the Silos vendor event, so we couldn’t wait to see all of the beautiful items that would be on display!